Win an Apple Watch Contest Rules
To enter this Contest, you must agree to and abide by these Contest Rules.NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account to participate.
1. WGTS 91.9: WGTS 91.9, 7600 Flower Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912.
2. Eligibility: The “Win an Apple Watch” contest is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older
3. Contest Entry: The contest begins on or about 08:01:00 a.m. EST on April 22, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST on May 6, 2015 (“Promotion Period”).
To enter, navigate the Internet to http://wgts.org/music-lab-rate-the-music-win/. Register for the Music LAB and complete the online entry form with your legal name, e-mail address, address of your legal residence, phone number, state/province, zip code/postal code.
(You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from WGTS 91.9. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Contest and does not improve your chances of winning.)
Follow all instructions to complete and submit the online entry form. There is a limit of one (1) online entry via the online entry form (known as the "base" entry) per eligible person during the Promotion Period, regardless of the number of email addresses or accounts a person may have.
Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties, are prohibited. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of entering information at the website or entry form is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by WGTS 91.9 of such entry. Personal information collected in connection with this contest may be used in accordance with WGTS 91.9’s Office Contest Rules, available at http://wgts.org/contestrules/.
4. Random Drawing: Two (2) winners will be selected in a random drawing at the end of the contest entry period: 11:59:59 PM, May 6. Winners will be chosen at random and will be announced on air during the morning show Friday, May 8 2015 at 7:40am EST.
5. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified on or after May 7. Winners will be notified by e-mail (or such other method as determined by WGTS 91.9 based on contact information provided in entering the contest). If WGTS 91.9 notifies a potential winner via e-mail, failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after transmission to the potential winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If WGTS 91.9 notifies a potential winner via telephone, failure to respond within three (3) business days will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with WGTS 91.9’s Official rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, the prize may be forfeited and the potential prize winner may be disqualified. If the potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the contest begin and end dates.
Winner(s) will receive one (1) Apple Watch, 38mm Silver Aluminum Case with either White or Blue Sport Band. Use of this watch requires iPhone 5 or later with latest version of iOS 8 or later. Colors will be chosen at random. Winners should expect to receive prize on or after May 15, 2015. Apple Watch
6. WGTS 91.9 is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond WGTS 91.9’s control that corrupt or affect the radio station, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, WGTS 91.9 reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the contest. In such event, WGTS 91.9 reserves the right to conduct the contest and award prizes by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by WGTS 91.9 or otherwise award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by WGTS 91.9 in their sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of contest will be posted on the website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this contest.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest.
7. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"):
(a) Apple Watch): $369.94 (includes tax) plus shipping
Total Prize value: $380
8. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of WGTS 91.9, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless WGTS 91.9, or Apple Corporation from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity. By accepting a prize, each winner grants WGTS 91.9 and its designees permission to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner's list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. WGTS 91.9 and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at WGTS 91.9's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Contest is subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submissions become the property of WGTS 91.9 and will not be acknowledged.
WGTS 91.9 MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PRECEDING EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR LEGALLY REQUIRED WARRANTIES ON WGTS 91.9’S PRODUCTS; FORCE MAJEURE: THE FAILURE OF WGTS 91.9 TO COMPLY WITH ANY PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES DUE TO AN ACT OF GOD, HURRICANE, WAR, FIRE, RIOT, EARTHQUAKE, TERRORISM, ACT OF PUBLIC ENEMIES, ACTIONS OF GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROL OF EITHER WGTS 91.9 (EXCEPTING COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE CODES AND REGULATIONS) OR OTHER FORCE MAJEURE EVENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
9. Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) each entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Maryland or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in Montgomery County Maryland. All entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any defense of inconvenient forum.